Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Remembering Caden

Every year, we try to come up with a way to remember Caden.  Sometimes it isn't anything really significant, but just to see what we've been blessed with since that day.  As Jaycee gets older, she has begun to ask questions about Caden.  I pray for wisdom as I try to share his story with her and eventually Miles. 

So we decided to go downtown to The Keeper of the Plains.  It was a beautiful morning and we said a little prayer and wrote a note about our thoughts and then released a balloon.  Jaycee was very excited to see that balloon go "up to Heaven, with Jesus, and Caden" as she put it.  It was a time for us to reflect back on those times, and to see the many ways God has provided for our family and how He has changed us in ways we never would have been without Caden's memory in our lives.  I also loved seeing God's creation and the beauty of the weather outside.  I can't imagine going through hard things without believing that God has a plan and what happens is all for His glory and I pray everyday that He helps me trust in His plan especially when it doesn't make sense to me. 


 We released a balloon and said a prayer for Caden.  Then we watched until it disappeared.





This is my favorite picture.  Hard to believe that it is from my little hand held camera.
 











 Later on in the day, we found this really fun park.  I call it the Castle Park.  We stayed there until it got dark.








Photobucket

No comments: