Friday, November 8, 2013

Kid's Day Out

This year, I enrolled Jaycee in a Kid's Day Out program at a local church nearby.  My main purpose for this was to give her something to do that was just for her, and to give a little routine to our week.  After having Miles, all routines kind of went down the drain and it has been really difficult to get back into a routine.  I call this our "new normal", because our routines do have to change and I struggle for wisdom as to how to be the parent of two little ones.

For a while, I was able to be ok with throwing structure out the window, but now that Miles is three months old, I feel that I should have things a little more together than I do.  I feel that I'm a huge work in progress and I'm not adjusting as well as I'd like to be.  Many changes have happened for our family in the last few months which has led to many adjustments.  While I'm trying to give myself a little grace during these adjustments, I feel like Jaycee has been thrown into a whirlwind of crazy and unstructured mess.  I hate to see her fall through the cracks while I try to get things together, so I found a church only 5 minutes from our house that had openings for a Kid's Day Out program.  Every Friday from 9:30am-1:30 pm, I drop her off with her lunch and she gets to enjoy a day with some great people and learns a little too.  I feel like it puts structure into an otherwise unstructured day, and even week.  I also like that she has an activity that is all her own and can share what she did with me.  I'm so grateful that this church had an opening for her and I feel like she is learning so much almost like preschool. 



Photobucket

No comments: