Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sonogram Revealed

On Monday, we went in for our half way point sonogram.  This is where they do all of the big checking on everything to make sure the baby is growing healthy and to check for problems.  This is also the sonogram where you can find out the gender of the baby. 

I must say that I haven't been really great about tracking this baby as well as I did Jaycee.  I think that I don't have as much time to keep track of things like I did then.  But, in my head, I've been keeping track of where we are at and how I'm feeling.  That is one major difference this time, I have been really drained more than I ever was with Jaycee. 

When my appointment finally came, I was very anxious that day.  I usually am on the days of my appointments.  I think just past experiences have really forced me to be that way.  But, as I was taking a shower that morning, I kept telling myself that anxiety and worried thoughts are not from God and kept reminding myself what is from God.  You know the verse where it says, "Whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy, think about such things."  I kept running that through my head and going over those specific things in my life.  Instead of filling my thoughts with what they would tell me was wrong, I decided to fill my thoughts with God's words.  I must say that I also had a load of prayer warriors lifting me and my family up that day too.  So, I knew I was covered in prayer.





So as the time gets closer, I am still anxious, but really wanting to think about those things of God.  We get into the sonogram room and the first thing she shows us is the baby's heartbeat.  What a relief to me as I see the little tiny heart moving back and forth.  I knew then that things were ok, and I said a quiet prayer of thanks to God for that.  Next, she asked us if we wanted to know what we were having, I looked at Tom and we both shook our heads.  I told her that if it was possible we would like to know.  Secretly, I had thoughts about not being able to know because the baby would be too big, but decided that was not something to really worry about.  She showed us the picture and I knew that it definitely wasn't a girl, but I thought maybe the umbilical cord was in between the legs.  The sonographer quickly told us that it definitely was a BOY!!!  To my surprise I started to breathe a little easier too.  I was glad to have another little boy to join our family. 




Now that we know the baby's a boy, I can trade in all of Jaycee's clothes for boy's clothes.  I also need to start thinking of some fun but unique boys names.  If you know of any send them my way.  One of my friends put things very nicely that Jaycee now has a big brother to watch over her from heaven, and will have a little brother that she can play with here on earth.  What a great way to look at things.  I think we are going to have a lot of fun around here in the next several months. 


Thanks for everyone who prayed for us, we really are blessed!!!


Photobucket

No comments: