Wednesday, February 6, 2013

I Guess It's Official...

Well, I have been keeping a secret for a little over 3 months now, and I guess now it's time to make it official.  You might be able to guess by the pictures below what it is.


I thought this would be a fun way to share this.  I don't think Jaycee really understands yet, but she talks about having baby.  She looks at my stomach and says that there's a baby in there and she has to be careful.  I hope she makes a great big sister.
 





Have you figured it out yet?  Well, you're right, another Ehrlich will be joining our family this summer in late July. 

I've been quite hesitant to share this news, because my anxiety has been quite high at times.  I seem to do just fine when I'm going about my days.  Everyday seems to be busy and filled with so many things for me and Jaycee to do, that I don't have much time to actually think about this pregnancy.  It is when I am sitting in the room waiting for my prenatal checkup that I start to really think about what the doctor is going to tell me is wrong, or even worse that the baby isn't there anymore.  You'd think that after all of this time, and how much God has worked in my life, my faith and anxieties would be better than what they are, but I still get that nervous feeling until I hear the hearbeat or see the sonogram and see that everything working is properly. 

I have been trying to give myself some grace about this particular area of my life, and asking for lots of prayer especially on the days that I have appointments.  My prayer every appointment is that my blood pressure will be normal and that a heartbeat can be heard.  I thank all of you who have continued to pray for our family, you don't know how much that has meant to us.

I've been learning a lot this week about God's faithfulness.  In my BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) class this week, we read about how Abraham set up an altar and was ready to sacrifice his son Isaac.  I can imagine how hard this was for him to do.  I don't know if put to the kind of test would I be able to willing obey God that way.  What I learned from this story is that Abraham obeyed God and God was faithful and provided another sacrifice to take the place of Isaac.  This impacts me so much, because I know that despite how anxious I am about having another baby, and how much I just don't like pregnancy, God is faithful.  His love never fails.  I don't always know the reasons why some things happen, but I do know that God's loves and obedient heart and when I go to Him with my anxieties, He will restore me and give me His peace to get through the uneasy times.


Thanks so much for all of your prayers and we will continue to need them to get through this stage of our lives.  But we are guardly happy and waiting to see what blessings this new member of our family will bring to our lives.


the Ehrlichs

No comments: