Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Birthday Blessings

This post is a couple days late, but as with technology, my pictures were having a hard time uploading.  I think everything is back on track now.  I had a really great birthday.


This morning I was very tiredly surprised with a text at 4:30 am.  That text was then followed by another text about 20 minutes later.  Both were wishing me a Happy Birthday.  For the rest of the day, my phone was going off periodically with text messages wishing me a Happy Birthday.  At first, I just thought that it was my parents being awnry.  I know that they get up that early most mornings.  But when I started getting texts from people that I don't normally text with or talk to, or that I thought would just send me a facebook message, I knew something had to be up. 

I finally figured out that my sneaky husband planned for 35 people to text, email, facebook, or call me today.  I felt so special and blessed that so many people remembered my day, and that they chose to keep me guessing all day with constant reminders of how loved I am.  What a great way to celebrate my birthday.  I also had a wonderful daughter wake me up and tell me Happy Birthday and we did a little window shopping for some things that I wasn't able to get to over the weekend.  She was such a delight to be with today and I thoroughly enjoyed her today.  When Tom got home, I was waking up from a nap and smelled something baking.  Tom came home a little earlier than normal and made me a German Chocolate cake that my mom used to always make for me when I was a kid.  It is a tradition that I am so glad Tom had decided to keep doing even though I'm not a kid anymore. 





This was waiting for me when I cam down to eat breakfast.




These were waiting for me when I woke up from my nap.  I wasn't completely sure if Tom was home or not, but this is what I saw. 

 



 
To end the night, Tom has a date night planned for just the two of us.  He arranged for a babysitter that we have loved to watch Jaycee and we tried out a new place to eat called Jerseys and watched our favorite team play a great game of basketball.   
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: