Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Life As We Know It (At Least For Now)

Here is a brief glimpse into our lives, at least for right now.  Things have been a little unorganized these days.  I am ready for a little more simplicity and organization.  Anyone who knows me will know that I try to find little ways to organize my life all the time.  I think that I have a small obsession with it, and it makes being home, at least in my project ridden house a little nuts.  At least nuts in my eyes.  So for this organized-challenged girl, I have been taking pictures to document the reason for my cluttered mind and house.  To tell you the truth, I don't even start cleaning for fear that it will just be there again tomorrow or that there will be a new mess to clean up.  My organized mind just wants one big cleaning time and then to be done.  Hopefully that will come real soon.

So I am sharing some photos of the things we've been doing.


Race track in our driveway.  Jaycee loves to have her cars race each other.

 

This was the first beautiful day of the fall.  We had to take advantage of it.
 


The basement saga continues.

Enter the basement. 
 

And we have carpet!!!
 

Baseboards and Trim


Still have a little way to go, but looking good.
 

For the last two weeks, the fair was in town.  My youngest brother and his family came to visit and we had lunch with them at my parent's house.  It is always a tradition (or at least it seems like it is) to have some sort of BBQ or to grill out.  It was an awesome day for everyone especially the kiddos.
 

Wide Open Spaces

Basketball

Grandma and the cousins
Ethan and Jaycee


 

Can't believe I got them both looking and smiling at the same time!!!
 

Can't forget the dog, I mean horse.  He is taller than most average sized men.
 

 

 

 

Go Ethan Go!!!
 

 

The whale bubble machine was a big hit!!!
 


I think that I finally figured out my problems with posting photos.  So hopefully there will be many more to come soon.  But for right now, this is it.  The basement has completely occupied a lot of our time with Tom being so busy getting it done and I am watching over everything else while he works.  We are having a slow start to adjusting to me being home full time, but some very part time opportunities to work for my church's nursery have kind of fallen into my lap.  I'm hoping that will give me a little more structure to my week and keep my creative brain working.  There are so many more things that I want to share with you and when or in my organizing process I might let you in on our disorganizational lives to see hopefully the beauty that comes from waiting for some things to settle down.

the Ehrlichs

No comments: