Monday, January 30, 2012

Make Something New Monday

Today I thought that I would try something new for dinner.  I have been wanting to make a meal that is delicious yet still somewhat healthy that my family will love.  While browsing on Pinterest one day, like I'm sure many of you are guilty of doing, I recently found a new meal that I wanted to try.  It was a version of a meal that I would have had at Timberline Steakhouse before it went out of business.  Since Mondays are usually pretty laid back around our house, I thought it would be a great night to try it.

Monday's Menu

Monterrey Chicken
Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes
Seasoned Mixed Veggies

**I could have thrown in a salad, but by the time I thought of it, we were really hungry.  Next time though.**


Monterrey Chicken



This was a real hit with my husband.  He even cleaned up everything afterwards without any grumbling about it.  I think that he was pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted.  You can see the full details as to how to make it here.  This one has definitely got to go in my recipe book as one of our favorites. 

Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes













I love potatoes of all kinds.  I think that they may be my major comfort food of choice.  So, that is why I'm always looking for healthy ways to fix potatoes.  When I came across this recipe for Butter Pecan Sweet Potatoes, I thought why not try it.  First I will say that I don't always think to use sweet potatoes, but I think I need to do it more often.  They are pretty good for you and have a lot of good vitamins and texture too.  If you are interested you can find the recipe for these here
  


I decided that we needed some other types of veggies with our meal, so I threw some mixed veggies in the microwave and sprinkled a little seasoned salt on them.  I was surprised that they were all gone afterwards.  Usually I have to cover up the veggie taste with cheese or something else like that, but tonight I guess the combination of flavors was just right.

Here was the full meal all put together.  What a great way to end a Monday!!!

I wish that I could take credit for this wonderful meal, but alas I got the idea from a neat blog called All Things Simple, that I found browsing Pinterest one day.  So, if you are needing a new idea to that never ending question, "What shall we have for dinner?", just check out the links you've seen here and try them for yourself.


the Ehrlichs

No comments: