Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mini Roadtrip Day 2

I last left you wanting to hear more of our mini roadtrip.  On day 2, we headed out to Joplin, Missouri to visit a couple of Tom's friends from college and their families. 

We decided to have brunch with Tom's friend Travis and his wife Jessica.  They just had a little baby girl and we wanted to visit them and see their new little one.  However, this day happened to be Jessica's first day back to work.  She does hair and had clients scheduled for that day.  I felt so bad for her, because I know the first day back at work is hard after being gone for so long with a new baby.  After brunch, we decided to go and surprise her at work.  She was quite busy and we didn't want to be in her way, but she was so gracious to let us chat with her for a while in between clients.  



This is Travis, Jessica, Grayson, & Amelia. 
Tom & Travis have been friends a long time.





Shortly after visiting Travis and Jessica, we headed to another part of Joplin to meet another one of Tom's friends Kent and his wife Julie.  They just had a baby too.  Her name is McKenna and she was only 2 weeks old.  They also had another daughter Marla who had just turned 3.  We spent a lot of time talking about old times and teaching since we are all 4 teachers.  It was nice to have people to relate to us having to go back to school in just a couple of weeks.  We all understood each other pretty well.  

While we were there, they had a lot of really fun toys for Jaycee to play with and lots of space for her to crawl around in.  She loved it.  She was so excited to explore new things.  They had a plastic castle that was pretty big that Jaycee could crawl into and out of.  They also had some legos and other princess toys too.  Jaycee was just having a fun old time when all of a sudden, the whole castle came crashing down around her.  She looked at us and I can imagine what she was thinking, "What happened?  Did I do that"  Then she just kept on playing.  So funny!!!  I wish that I would have caught a picture of that, but it happened so fast.  We were all pretty amazed that Jaycee was that strong.






After leaving from Kent & Julie's we headed up to Kansas City to see my longest and dearest friend Stephanie.  I have known that girl since I was in 3rd grade.  We have had a lot of crazy fun memories together.  She is like the sister that I never had. 

It was pretty hot that day and our air conditioner in our Jeep didn't seem to be working as well as it should have been.  So we decided to just try and bear it as best as we could.  What a time for the air conditioner to go out.


Here I am with Jaycee before we left Joplin.






Here is Jaycee in the car on the way to KC.
She slept a lot in the car.
She also found out that she can scream too.



We finally got to Kansas City and were so please to see Steph and her family waiting there for us.  Their housing addition has pool, so we went for an evening swim.  It was just what we needed to get cooled off, and the kids loved it.  Jaycee has always loved the water, but she loved being out a little later at night and hanging out with both mom and dad in the pool.  Steph had a floaty toy and she was splashing all the time.  It was amazing!!!  I wish that I was smart enough to remember to bring my camera to the pool, but at that point we were so tired and hot, that was pretty far from my mind.  I guess you will just have to use your imagination as to what we were doing in the pool.

After we left the pool and put the kiddos to bed, us grown ups talked into the wee hours of the night.  I haven't done that in so long.  It brought me back to my college days.  Stephanie and I were always good at talking about pretty much anything.  But we knew we would regret it in the morning.  It was sure great to just hang out and catch up.


Well that wraps up day 2!!!  More to come soon.  I promise!!!




Photobucket

No comments: