Sunday, August 22, 2010

Mini Roadtrip Day 3

Our travels lead us to Kansas City to see my lifelong friend Stephanie and her family.  I have known that girl ever since I moved to Kansas back in the 3rd grade.  She and I have been through a lot together.  I only wish that we were closer so that we could see each other more often.

Our time with Stephanie, her husband Brian, and her daughter Brianne started off with swimming in their neighborhood pool.  That was so much fun!!!  Jaycee loves that water and it was such a great night for that.  After we got done, we put the kids to bed and us grownup talked for several hours about old times and just had a lot of laughs.

The next day was Sunday, so we went to church with them.  We decided to skip out on Sunday School so that I could get to one of my scrapbook stores and meet them at the restaurant.  We ate at Jose Pepper's.  It was so yummy!!!  Later on, Steph and I ended up watching movies all afternoon.  She got me hooked on a new series and now I am reading the books too.  You can ask me about the movies later.  We talked and watched movies most of the afternoon while our husbands and kids took naps.  It was so nice to just have girl time.  I miss that!!!  I don't get to do it too often, so when it comes, I definitely take advantage of it. 



Stephanie, Brianne, & Brian Roehm
This is them at Jose Pepper's




Jaycee at Jose Pepper's
She loved the food, but was really tired.
She fell asleep on the way back to Steph's house.


In the evening, we went to Lawrence to visit my brother Brandon and Corrinne.  It was such a fun time.  They will be having a baby soon and had lots of questions about ways to save money while having a baby.  While I don't have all the answers, I do know what has worked for us and that you just don't need everything out there.  I think that my brother was a little overwhelmed by all the baby stuff in the stores, but we may have helped him see the reality is you just don't need everything.  I had a lot of fun there.  It is hard to believe that my baby brother (by 8 years) is having a baby.  It made us seem like we were kind of the same age.  Weird!!!  Anyway, it was also so good to get to know Corrinne a little better too.  She is such a sweet person and is such a good match for my brother.  I can't wait to get to know her a little better.

After that we headed back to Olathe where Steph had plans for us girls to go see a late night movie.  Since none of us had to work the next day, we decided to go.  We went and saw Eclipse (yeah that's right the Twilight series).  I never thought that I would be so hooked on a series, but the books are even better.  I am reading them now.  It was awesome spending time with her.  It reminded me of our old college late nights that we would do that.  We were both so tired after the movie, and I am starting to realize that I am not as young as I used to be, but it's good to do stuff like that every once in a while to keep us young.

The next day we left and headed home.  It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun visiting friends.  I can't wait to go on another trip, but I will probably have to wait a while b/c school has started and it is busy around here.  More on that to come.


Jaycee in her pack & play



Photobucket

No comments: