Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sick Sick Sick

This weekend we were sick!!! Yuck!!! We spent most of our Saturday throwing up and stuff. What a way to spend a Saturday. I think that we got a touch of food poisoning. I don't think that I will be eating out for a while. To top it all off, Jaycee didn't get the best of her parents this weekend. I absolutely hated it. What a bad mom I was. By the time Sunday rolled around, I had a little of my energy back, but still could only hold Jaycee. I couldn't play with her like we normally do. I so wanted to hang out as a family and just enjoy staying indoors and watching some much earned basketball. We did spend time together as a family, but not in the way that I had hoped.

Now my poor baby girl has a cold. I have been reading a book that has some ideas and things to expect as new parents go through their baby's first year, but I still don't like that she has a cold. She sounded so pathetic this afternoon when she was trying to coo and talk to us, I just sat there and held her and rocked with her, hoping that in some way I was being of comfort to her. Right now I have two sickos in my house. I am the only one that is back to myself.

Tom still hasn't completely recovered from this weekend's food fiasco, and Jaycee still has a touch of a cold. They both are heading to the Dr. tomorrow morning. Jaycee is so sweet though. She is so cuddly and just wants to be held all day today. So that is what I have been doing. I am sure those days won't last long. I am looking forward to a week where I might actually be able to get some fresh air and go out with Jaycee and visit friends or plan an afternoon outing. We shall see. I hope my family gets healthy again soon.

Photobucket

No comments: