Friday, January 22, 2010

Busy!!!

This little girl keeps us very busy!!!!

You would think that with having Jaycee and being home with her in the afternoons that I would have a little time for myself and to get some things done. That is so not the case. She has been growing and doing so much that it keeps me very busy. She has nailed down a routine with her babysitter and here at home, but now I have to get used to the routine.

We get home about 12:15, and she is asleep. The car ride from the sitter's is only about 10 minutes, but I guess that is enough for her. She is a sleeper like her daddy. Absolutely nothing will wake her up when she is in that kind of deep sleep. I use that time for myself. I eat lunch, read my Bible (most days), let the dog out of her crate, and then tidy up the house. Our house isn't that big, but it sure does get dusty and seems like something needs to be done all the time. Oh well, we are very fortunate to have the house we have.

Usually after that ( about and hour), Jaycee wakes up, I feed her and then we play. She is really fun these days. She loves to babble, laugh & giggle, and play with some rings and key toys that we got a long time ago. I am fasinated by how much she just loves to watch my face and the weird faces I make to her. Sometime later in the afternoon, Tom comes home and we are soooooooo glad to see him. He takes Mollie for a long walk, because it is too hard for me to take the dog and Jaycee at the same time, but I have tried. Using the stroller did not work, but I have 3 snuglis that were given to me and I did that one day and it worked out pretty well. Both Jaycee and Mollie loved it. I can't wait for the weather to get nice or at least warmer so that we can do that more often.

After Tom is home, he plays with Jaycee while I make dinner, which these days is not anything fancy, just normal food for normal people like us. Then we play with Jaycee and give her a bath if it is a bath night, and then start the process of getting her ready for bed. It sounds like a lot, but really she is a good baby. She lets us know what she wants and we have all gotten used to living with each other.

This weekend we continue working on getting her used to her crib. Up until now she has been sleeping in a wooden cradle that my parents got for her. It is so funny to see my parents as grandparents. They always want to buy her something that she needs, or just come over and visit her and love her. It is fun to watch my parents with her. So we are into our second week of getting her used to her crib. We have been trying it out on the weekends so that if we have to get up we can without having to be anywhere. I will keep you posted on how it goes.

So far here are the top 5 things we like about being parents:

1. Jaycee sleeps through the night from 9:30-5:30. Yeah!!!!
2. She is really starting to show her personality!!!!
3. Giggles and laughs!!!!
4. She is beautiful.
5. She has helped bring a lot of joy into our lives.

I continue to pray for our family and learn new things everyday. God has really blessed us!!!! I can hardly believe that Jaycee will be 4 months old in another week. My how the time flies.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Beth said...

I can't believe she'll be 4 months!!! Time really does fly. I enjoyed your post today. She really is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this! Sounds like a great schedule she's on. That's helpful for both the kid and the parents! Christina