Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 2009

This year for Halloween we didnt' really do the typical handing out of treats. Jaycee is still too little to take out for that long, and I didn't want her to get too cold. So we had a pumpkin outfit that I had bought for her about a week before she was born and Tom set up a pumpkin patch in our front room. Here are the results!!!



This is Jaycee's Pumpkin Patch. She has already grown since she was born. I am amazed at how fast she has changed since then. This was a really fun time for her too, because she loves to look out of the windows all over our house.


We attempted to go gracery shopping with her and get a few things that we were running out of, and on our way out of Dillons, they were handing out grocery bags and told me to pick out as many medium sized pumpkins that I wanted. I think that they wanted to get rid of them. So Tom tried to see if Jaycee could hold it in her hand. This lasted for about 5 seconds, but I caught the picture.
I think that she was yawning here, but who knows. She is really funny when she is awake. She still sleeps a lot, and I try to sleep when she does, but when she is awake, I try to get some cute pictures of her.


Halloween was fun this year. We went to church on Saturday night and we have started to have pizza night right after church, and we tried to do that too. She was really good for both. She loved the praise and worship music, but as soon as pastor started to preach, she was a little fussy, but I held her, and she settled down right away. The sermon was the last one on spiritual warfare. It was so what I needed to hear. At times I have gotten a little anxious about going anywhere with Jaycee, b/c I don't know if I will know what to do if she starts to get unhappy, but I am everyday leaving that in God's hands and praying that He will give me the knowledge and understanding to know what to do at those times. I am sure that as I do more and more things with her, I will get more comfortable.
Jaycee has sure helped us learn to enjoy life again.
Love,
Tom, Mira, & Jaycee


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are way cute...and she is just beautiful. Erik was jealous when Elizabeth said she got to see Jaycee the other day at school.
Jonni Brown