Monday, November 16, 2009

Adjusting


We have been with Jaycee now for 6 weeks. She has been such a blessing to our lives. I can hardly believe that she is over a month old now. It seems like only yesterday that I was in the hospital giving birth to her, and now there is something that changes about her everyday. She has been a lot of fun to have in our house and has given us so much to be thankful for. She has made our lives happier and exciting.

Tom and I have had a few adjustments to make being new to taking care of a baby. We both were not entirely aware about how little sleep we can actually survive on. I don't know what I did before, but I can live on small amounts of sleep more than what I thought. We also have had to figure out which jobs in taking care of Jaycee that each of us are better at doing. Tom by far does a better job of giving her a bath, and he has said that I do a better job of putting her to sleep at night. Sometimes I wonder about that, but we have been learning which jobs to let each other do and which jobs we can do on our own.

Tom has been great with her. There have been a couple of times that I just needed some time to myself, so he is always so proud to watch her and let me have some time to go out with a friend to get coffee (since I don't like coffee, I get a carmel apple spice drink from Starbucks), or to just go by myself to get groceries or whatever. He loves watching her anytime. Even now that he is back to work, he comes home and wants to just hold her b/c he has not seen her all day long.

So our family is doing ok right now, and we have been so very blessed by all that God is doing in our lives. He is teaching us everyday how to be the kind of parents that will bring glory to Him. I hope that as Jaycee gets older, she sees that too.



Tom, Mira, & Jaycee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats! It is so true how little sleep you get....but remember, they grow so fast, you won't believe it! You two are the greatest parents! God Bless!