Wednesday, July 30, 2014

One


Today Miles turned one!!!! 
 
 
 
So, I'm a little late getting this post out, since his birthday was actually Tuesday.
 

The time has really gone by too fast.  I can still remember going to the hospital and checking in for a C-section.  I remember being really scared and completely at peace all at the same time.  There must have been lots of people praying for us.

Miles has definitely brought some changes to our lives.  There were many days when I had forgotten what it was like to take care of a newborn, and now he is all over the place walking, crawling, and looking for any open door or gate. 

For his birthday, I thought that we should do something a little out of the norm for the day.  I've learned from experience that life is so precious, and I want to make the most of the time that I'm given.  So we loaded ourselves up and headed down to Watson Park.  We are so lucky to live in a city that has so many fun things to do, and places to visit.  After living here for the last 13 years, I still think there are places that I haven't explored yet.  This park has a lot of kid-friendly activities, and we ventured to enjoy them.





This was the train that we rode.
 
 
 Jaycee & Miles on the train.
 
 
 Miles found a tic-tac-toe game that he could play with.
 
 

 
 Miles started walking a couple of weeks ago.  Of course we had to follow the yellow brick road.
 
 
 Jaycee wanted to show me her dance moves.
 
 
Then we checked out ponies. 
 
 
Later that day, we went to The Donut Whole.  This is a fun place where they make specialty donuts.  I discovered this place last year before Jaycee's birthday, and I think it might be an annual tradition I do with them.
 
 
Gotta run.  But we are having Miles' birthday party on Saturday.  I'm hoping to keep things simple.  Check back later for more pictures of our little man's first birthday.
 
 
 
the Ehrlich's 

No comments: