Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Wedding Flower Girl

Over the weekend Jaycee was a flower girl in her cousin Kristen's wedding.  I can't hardly believe that Kristen is getting married.  It seemed like not that long ago that she was helping with the gifts in our wedding, but that was twelve years ago, so I guess she is old enough to be getting married.

A long time ago, when she first got engaged, she had asked if Jaycee would want to be a flower girl.  That was almost a year ago and we were not expecting another addition to our family at that point.  But when I found out we were going to have another baby, my due date was several days after the wedding date.  Who would have thought. 

Anyways, she gave me a little direction as to what colors she was having in the wedding and I went around searching for a dress that was not too expensive and would also work for what she wanted.  She did not want me to spend too much, so I searched the internet for tons of dresses in the colors of her wedding (navy blue and lime green) and eventually found one that would work online at KMart.  Here are some of the events of the weekend and how Jaycee did her flower girl duties.



I tried to fix her hair before leaving for the church
 

Proud Parents
This is Tom's older sister and her husband
 

The groom and his groomsmen waiting for the bride
 

A little blurry, but Jaycee with her basket

 




 

After a while of standing there, Jaycee dropped her basket and started picking up all the flowers















Jaycee chose this time to really ham it up in front of the camera




At the reception
There was a table full of candy and she kept sneaking it off the table
By the end of the night, she was really energetic
 







The wedding was a lot of fun for us, and I was so glad that I got to go.  It was a little iffy if I would make it or not, but things seemed to work out.  We are so happy for Kristen and Patrick and the start of their lives together.  We wish them all the best and glad that Jaycee got to be a part of their special day.



the Ehrlich's

No comments: