Monday, January 14, 2013

My Mind

These days my mind seems to be on overload.  I don't know if it is because I didn't really get much time to relax at Christmas, or that every weekend seems to be jammed packed before I even know it.  I do know that I need to spend more time in thought and prayer than I have been.

Why is it that when I seem to get more discouraged by the daily struggles of life, my walk with the Lord also is discouraging.  I know what I ought to do, but I don't always do what I ought to do.  I have no excuses, but that is one of the things that I am really working on this year.  My daily time with God is so important and used to be such a ritual for me that it was second nature, but has recently become one more thing to fit into my busy schedule.  I keep telling myself that if I just get up a little earlier then I will have time to hear what the Lord is really wanting to reveal to me today.  For whatever reason, getting up any earlier than I already do has been the biggest struggle for me lately.

What I am finding out though, is that God's love for me never changes.  It doesn't matter what is making me so anxious or how badly I mess up the day, God doesn't change.  He stays the same through all of it.  Today was not exception.  I had some things on my mind today that were causing me a lot of anxiety and weren't allowing me to focus.  As I was driving in the car, a song came on the radio.  I love how KLove is having their 30 day challenge.  It is refreshing to listen to words that are positive and encouraging and that I can listen to while my daughter sits in the backseat.  So, back to the song.  For those of you who know me well, I am a huge DC Talk and Newsboys fan.  Recently, the best of both world collided and Micheal Tait became the lead singer for Newsboys.  They have a new song called "Your Love Never Changes."  Right away when the music came on I got so pumped and began to praise God for how He has carried me through some dark days.  It seems so long ago, but God is the same today as He was then, and he revealed to me how much I need to give him even the smallest of anxieties and let him take those burdens away from me.

What I am learning is that God's love for me is more amazing than I ever knew.  I can mess up royally and He uses that to help me learn and grow in my faith.  But most of all He uses my dark times to bring me closer to him and to give him the glory no matter what the outcome may be.

Just thought I'd share how the Lord is working in my life.


the Ehrlichs

No comments: