Friday, September 7, 2012

Summer Updates


It seems like it has been forever since my last post.  I would say that we have been extremely busy, and we have, but mostly, I haven't been capturing life but rather living it with little time to actually write about it.

I am going to give a basic rundown of our summer and what we did with some updates on our basement project.  We are almost done!!!

This year we made a summer list.  Like last summer, we didn't intend to get much of it done, but to my surprise, we did a lot of the things that were on our list and added a few things that we didn't originally have on the list. 



Here are some of our favorite summer activities that we did this year.

Family Movie Nights
Thrift Stores
Riverfest Petting Zoo
Softball
California Road Trip
Homemade Ice Cream
Basement
Visiting Friends and Family
Humane Society
Potty Training (still working on this one)

The basement project is coming to an end!!!  It seems like everytime I try to clean my house there is more sheetrock dust that gets kicked back up, but we are approaching an end.  Right now every thing is painted and we have two doors for a closet and into the laundry room.  Tom has done all of the work by himself with the help of a few friends.  We just have the carpet and trim to put down.  Tom is going to do the part himself too!!!!  It has been fun to learn so much about home improvements.  I don't think that hanging sheetrock is one of my favorite things to do, but I was glad that I could help him out in some small way.


I had some trouble uploading pictures, so there are no pictures this time, but I will try to get some on the next post.  Hopefully it won't be quite so long in between posts.




Photobucket

No comments: