Sunday, June 17, 2012

May And The Start of Summer

I have been quite behind in blogging these days.  There are many things that have occupied my time lately.  A lot of those things had to do with ending this school year.

Tom and I made many tough decisions during May.  One of them was that I have been sensing that God has been wanting me to make some changes with regards  my to job since January.  In January, Tom and I started going to a Bible study and I knew that God was speaking to me, but I had no idea what he wanted us to do.  As the end of the year came about, things just kind of happened and God spoke to me very clearly that I needed to stay home next year and either just be a stay at home mom, or do something new.  I still don't know exactly what I am supposed to do, but it was scary to do something that was completely unnatural for me.  I have been teaching for the last 11 years, and can't begin to know what is in store for my life next.  But I know that Tom and I are obeying God to the best of our abilities and somehow He will help us figure things out.

One of the funniest things that has been happening lately is that Jaycee loves to dance.  A favorite song of hers is called God's Not Dead by The NewsboysClick here to see the song and video.  Now for those of you who don't know, I was a huge Newsboys and DC Talk fan back in my high school days.  What is so cool about this group now is that one of the members of DC Talk is now the new lead singer of the Newsboys.  Anyways, Jaycee has discovered this song and has to come running to tell me when it is on.  Every once in a while we have dance time where her and I bust out in our best attempts at dancing to this song.  It is really fun for me to watch her.


Even Jayhawk and Meathead (aka Miss Potato Head) join in on the fun.

We have also spent some time with my parents hanging out at their house towards the end of this month.  My dad fairly recently got this new dog named Toby.  He is like a horse b/c he is a Great Dane.  He has floppy ears and his head is huge.  Jaycee loves animals especially dogs and is fearless not thinking that they are a little bigger than her, or in this case a lot bigger than her.

Jaycee and Grandma Walker talking to Toby.
 Another thing that we love doing at my parent's house is playing the Wii.  Jaycee is kind of a remote hog, but it didn't take her long to figure out the basics of the games we were playing. 
Here she is playing a soccer game where you have to pretend to hit the balls with your head.

I finished this year with my class helping me clean up the classroom, a sno cone party, and then we spent the last day of school eating in the classroom and watching a video.  They were a fun class and gave me a lot of challenges, but I had a fun time with them.

Here they are on the last day.  Such a fun class!!!

Eating in the classroom.  We only did this once this year.

We also have some great neighbor boys that Jaycee loves to play with.  They are a lot older than her, but she loves spending time with them.  Well, their parents were going to have a date night and we like to kind of do a child swap thing with them from time to time when it works out.  So they came over, we had pizza, and they decided that they wanted to gang up on each other and have a pillow fight.  By the end of the night, I think that every pillow in my house was in use in some way or another.



 Well, that is a little update of what the end of the school year looked like for us.  I am sure that there will be lots more to share once I get myself a little more organized.



the Ehrlichs
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi! It's Diamond! Diamond Lyons, from 3rd Grade? I miss you and Mrs. Geraci! How is your daughter?
Are you going to teach again? What day does school start? I have so many questions!