Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Meathead and Jayhawk

Jaycee has two new best friends these days.  Meathead (aka Miss Potato Head) and Jayhawk.  Jayhawk has been around ever since her 2nd birthday party.  Thanks Janel!!!  But Meathead, I mean Miss Potato Head was a gift when she turned 2 also, but she hadn't really ever played with it much until just
recently.   It is funny to me how some toys don't really make a great first impression, but then all of a sudden they are a hit.

Jayhawk has been Jaycee's best friend for a while now.  I think this is mainly because we have been watching a lot of basketball, and Tom and I are really big fans with lots of KU gear.  So needless to say our daughter would become a fan too.  I'm not sure when it all started, maybe when we would cheer for our favorite team, or wearing our T-shirts, or maybe just because we live in the middle of Jayhawk nation.  Whatever it is, she has become a part of the Jayhawk world too.

I recently reorganized some of her toys, and Meathead, I mean Miss Potato Head was among the toys that were at the bottom of the toy box, so I decided to put her and her gear accessories into a container all of their own.  When I did that, Jaycee decided that Meathead Miss Potato Head and Jayhawk were going to be best friends.  That ended up being a great laugh for me.  She was playing with them today having them kick a ball to each other, when Miss Potato Head lost her ear.  Jaycee's words were as follows:  "Meathead what happened your ear!!!"  I did a double take and had her repeat it.  Of course she didn't, so I just continued to play and then watch her as she proceeded to have them play together with the ball.  It happened again, and sure enough I heard it right.  She called Miss Potato Head Meathead.  I laughed so hard that Jaycee stopped what she was doing and just stared at me.  It was great!!!!  Kids really do say the darnedest things!!!!




Here are Jayhawk and Meathead Miss Potato Head sitting in Jaycee's high chair after dinner tonight.



Here is Jaycee and her two best friends after dinner.  She plays out scenes with them and goes everywhere with them.


 Here are the three amigos again playing in Jaycee's kitchen.  I guess we will be seeing them around a lot.  Don't worry we will definitely be working on the correct way to pronounce Miss Potato Head.  I will keep you posted as to the progress.



the Ehrlichs




2 comments:

sbo said...

Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels

sbo said...

Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels