Friday, June 3, 2011

10 Years

I can't believe it, but yesterday we celebrated our 10th anniversary.  It was filled with a new "gift" every couple of hours.  The point as Tom put it was that our anniversary was ALL day and not just for specific times of the day.

It started with me not having to get up early at all.  Even though the summer has started, I have still been getting up at my normal time so that I can have a little more quiet time for myself before Jaycee gets up.  Tom and I talked about what the summer would somewhat look like a few weeks back, so that we each had some time to ourselves, but also together as a family and then too so that Tom could get some projects done around here.

I received my first "gift", breakfast in bed.  Pancakes are my favorite!!!  What a nice surprise.  A couple hours later, I received my 2nd "gift", an hour deep tissue massage.  I needed one after the weekend we had and after getting through another school year.  What a treat for me.  We ate a light lunch, and then another surprise came to the door.  Flowers,  they are beautiful!!!  I felt really spoiled.

These are the flowers that I got.

We kind of took the rest of the afternoon easy while Jaycee got in her nap.  After she woke up we went to Texas Roadhouse, which is one of my favorite places to eat.  When we got into the car, there was another "gift" for me.  An anniversary band.  I have been wanting one for a while now, but just have had other things come up instead, so Tom decided to get one for me.  
  

This is the anniversary band that I found on my seat in the car.


After going to eat for an early dinner, Tom got a babysitter to watch Jaycee, and we went to a movie.  It is so rare that we go to the movies, but it was fun to have a night just for ourselves.  It hardly seems possible that we have been married for 10 years.  The time has flown by and so much has happened in our lives, but the memories that we have made are priceless.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, Tom got his anniversary present early in May.  He has been wanting a new softball bat since last summer, and I decided that before the season started that I would get him one.  He had to pick it out though, b/c I am not really familiar with that kind of thing. 

I know the next 10 years will be just as great!!! 



Photobucket

No comments: