Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Husband

I wanted to take this time to talk about my husband. He has been so great and I don't think that I tell him that or let him know that enough.
So this is Tom and me with our dog Mollie. Over Mother's Day weekend, he was so thoughtful and made me breakfast in bed. Something I totally was not expecting. I was kind of dreading Mother's Day, and he found a way to make it special for me. He made my favorite breakfast, pancakes with eggs and milk. So yummy!!!!! That just made my day. Later on in the day we went to see a movie and he just spent the whole day with me just showing me how much he loved me. What a guy!!!



Anyway, Tom and I have known each other for a loooooooooooong time. He actually was friends with my parents before we started to date. He played on my dad's softball team when I was in high school. That is actually how we went on our first date. I was home from college for the summer and we started to date after a softball game one night. The rest as they say is history. We had a long distance relationship for about 2 years, and when I finally graduated, we planned to get married shortly after that.

We never knew how hard and tough the road would be for us, but I would not want to go through these tough times without him. He has been so loving and has taken care of me in ways that I am still to this day amazed by. He often embarrasses me by making me the center of attention sometimes, but he does it b/c he LOVES me. He is my best friend and I don't know who else I would choose to spend my time with other than him besides GOD.

So there is a little about my best friend, my husband Tom.

Love you lots Tom.

2 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

A good man is such a blessing!!

(psst... when your new bundle gets here, can I do pictures?) :)

Beth said...

Lovely post! You're lucky to have each other!