Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mall of America 2008

Here are some pictures of when we went to Minnesota. We were only there for an extended weekend. It took us about 9 hours to get there. We spent 1 whole day at the Mall of America. This is by far the largest mall that I have ever been to. We were there ALL day, and we didn't see everything. But it was so interesting to see all the different stores & how they built an amusement park inside the center of the mall. Enjoy!!
This is the amusement park located inside the center of the entire mall. This mall had 4 floors, and the 4th floor was not even finished yet. It looked like they were going to be adding some more stuff on the top floor. The amusement park was call "Nickelodeon Universe." There were 4 rollercoaster, and then some other fair type rides. I was amazed how they built all the rollercoasters to intertwine w/ each other.


This is me after a long day of shopping. Yes, it is hard for me to even say it, but I was completely tired after the day was through. I love to shop, but that was more than even I could handle. We didn't really have anything in mind to buy, but we found a few things that we hadn't seen anywhere else. I found a bracelet charm w/ the name Caden on it. I was just by chance looking to see what they had, and sure enough there was just one charm w/ his name. That way I will always remember how special he was to me. Notice the rollercoaster in the background, that is how close it was to where we were sitting.

Tom too had enough of shopping. He was a trooper though. He was willing to walk around to every store that I wanted to go to even though shopping is not his thing. Notice the ring on his right hand. We found a place that would engrave names into rings and have it done by the end of the day, so he had Caden's name put on it. It means a lot to him to have something that he can hold onto and just remember Caden by. That had been something that he wanted to do for a long time, but never found a place that would do that sort of thing.



The following are just some random pictures that I took while we were in the Mall of America. Mostly I just took some of Tom being funny. We honestly really needed this trip, and it did a lot of good for us to get away from all of the problems back home. It was nice to not have to think about them for awhile.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what fun to hear about your vacation! It sounds like it's changed a lot since we were there in 2001. Steve used to live in walking distance of there when desi was a baby.