Monday, October 20, 2014

Big 5 Birthday Party

Well, I'm finally getting to post about Jaycee's birthday party.  There will be a few more posts about things we've done in October to come later, but here's a post about Jaycee's 5th Birthday.

This year, I wanted to keep with the plan of not having a birthday party at my house, but rather go somewhere kid-friendly to have Jaycee's birthday party.  Over the summer, I took Jaycee bowling with some of our friends and she had a blast!!!  Tom decided that this might be a fun thing to do for her birthday.  So I kept that in the back of my mind for a few months.

So here's what we did.  I'm not into topping each birthday by trying to make each one bigger and better than the year before.  That is just not something I want to get into the habit of doing.  I do however, want to give my kids a small, quick, yet fun time with friends and family.  We asked Jaycee what she would like to do for her birthday.  With not much luck as to what kind of party she wanted, Tom and I went back to the whole bowling party idea.  So, I got online and looked up all the local bowling allies in the area and decided that Northrock Lanes would be the best option for us.  It is super close, and they had the best birthday party package to fit what I was thinking about.  We decided to keep it small, and only invited some close friends of Jaycee's from church and school. 


This was Jaycee's second time bowling and as you can see, she loved it!!!
 

Here are a couple of Jaycee's friends from Preschool.  I knew that she would have no problem making friends.  She is one of the friendliest kids I know.


One of Jaycee's best friends basically since she was born was the only boy there.  I felt a little sorry for him, but he was a trooper and had a lot of fun bowling with the girls. 

 
 These girls know how to have fun.
 
 


We decided to buy a GIANT cookie cake instead of the traditional cake this year.  One it was much easier not to have to cook anything and transport it, and also it was pretty affordable.   The cake was gone in no time!!!
 
 This birthday girl is pretty cute!!!
 
 


 We had a fun afternoon with these kids.
 
 
We had a fun time!!!

Miles decided that he needed to join in on the fun that the big kids were having.



We had a great time, and I think I will do this again for another party maybe when Miles gets a bit older. 


Photobucket

No comments: