Sunday, December 30, 2012

Still Here





My blogging has suffered a whole lot lately, but we're still here and still living life.  I must say that this holiday season hasn't been the most upbeat one I've ever had.  We've had some overwhelming situations that have thrown us a little as a family and have helped us see what is important.

First I will start off by saying that December was extremely busy for us.  I can't remember being so busy and not working.  Every weekend was loaded with some type of event or outing that was planned way in advance without me knowing how busy that would make us.  To just share a little of our experiences, we had a wedding to attend for one of my college roommates, we decorated Christmas cookies (a tradition that I love, but takes a lot of time), we took family pictures outside this year with a professional, and then to end with a sad note, Tom's dad passed away the week before Christmas and there were a lot of preparations to be made for that.  Tom and his brother and sister are still going through his dad's house sorting through what to sell, give away, and keep.  His dad was quite the collector. 

Needless to say, this holiday season has been pretty overwhelming and busy.  We did have Tom's family over for Christmas Eve.  They came to church with us and then we ate some awesome smoked ham, and other delicious food.  We also played some card games and Jaycee got her uncle John to sit down and watch her favorite movie (at least for now) The Polar Express.  Funny story about that movie, I won it in a white elephant gift exchange earlier in the month, and Jaycee has been wanting to watch it every day since then.

I am looking forward to this new year.  There are so many things that I want to do differently with my time for myself, make better efforts to have a quiet time with God a priority, and using my time with my family in a more productive and relationship building way.  I also want to be more mindful of how busy I am and make the most of the time I have when I am with the people I'm with.

You will get more details on our recent activities in another post, but I just wanted to get a quick update to let you know that we are still here and I do still blog, but sometimes the events of life just make blogging not the top priority of my list and living life becomes a little more important.

We are so thankful that God has brought through this busy and sad time and that his faithfulness is ever present even though we fail to trust Him.  So glad for a God like that!!!


the Ehrlichs

No comments: