Monday, June 30, 2008

What a Week!!!!


Well, this week went by so quickly that I feel like I haven't had time to really even think or breathe. Both Tom and I are very confused by so many events that have happened this past week w/ regards to our church, that we need continued prayers to hear God's voice clearly among all of the lies that Satan is throwing out there. We seek and pray daily that God will reveal himself to us so clearly that we have no questions as to what he wants for our lives. Here is a little peice of our lives this past week.

Tom- He was very busy the beginning of this week helping out with district assembly at our church. That is when all of the churches from the district come and it's kind of a time of fellowship for the pastors and a way to rejuvinate their spirits. Tom has been helping out with the sound and technical parts of the services for the past 6 years. This year he was so very confused and hurt by many events that took place during this years district assembly. He is earnestly seeking God's voice and guidance as to where He will lead him right now. Tom is taking a break from running the sound and technical parts of service for a time. He is not sure for how long. He feels like right now he needs to seek, find, and hear God first and foremost and allow God to show him how to handle all of the confusion within his mind. Tom has disappointments with a few people that he has had great respect for. He has felt compelled to confront people that he knew were out right lying to him. He knows that was the right decision to make, but he feels a sense of brokenness that he had to do that. He does not feel like he can trust these people that he once respected. He needs constant prayers that he will continue to listen to God and just like God told him he had to confront these people, what those people decide to do from there is up to them.

Mira - When Tom hurts, I hurt. For me it is a little different b/c I am more quiet in my endeavors to listen for God's voice, but it hurts me to know that every day this week, Tom came home crying. Being married to him for 7 years, I know that it must be something terribly painful and hurtful to get Tom so frustrated and sad enough to cry. I have too been torn and broken. I right now am just wanting to do what God wants me to do. I don't want to be afraid anymore, and I just want my love for the Lord to show no matter what. I continue to pray for my church & the leaders of our church. I too will follow God's direction for my life, but I am not quite sure what that is right now. I love my church, but there are a lot of problems that the church has right now, and I just don't know where God is placing me in the whole midst of it all. I still need continued prayer.

On a lighter note, I am still working on my memorial garden. I have just about finished with the rocks and dirt, but I still need more dirt. It seems like I can never have enough dirt. My goal this week is to be completely done with the dirt part of my garden so that I can start landscaping the area. I will keep some pictures posted as I go along. My final goal is to be completely done with this project by the time the beginning of the school year comes around.

We do have plans this upcoming 4th of July weekend. We will be going up to Nebraska Furniture Mart in KC to find ways to spend our stimulus checks. We will be going up there with my parents, and hopefully that will be fun.

My heart has been so heavy with church this week, that I just have been praying constantly. I don't have much in the way to say about my own spiritual life, except to say that my heart is breaking by what is going on at my church. It just makes me so sad to see what is going on.

Talk to you soon.
Mira

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your heart. I didnt' get to talk to you much at Bible study, so it is nice to get your update here!

Your garden is already taking shape! That is so exciting!

Love ya and see you Monday!